Unexpected moving costs are typically the result of poor communication between the customer and the moving company. Take the time to talk with your consultant in detail. Ask questions and make sure that you are aware of all rates and fees applicable to your move. This will prevent any “surprises” come moving day.
Articles in this section
- How is the cost estimate determined for a move?
- What can I do to keep moving costs down during my move?
- I’m on a limited budget, and can only afford to hire professional movers for a portion of my move. What should I ask them to do?
- Can I keep moving costs down by having a family member or friend help with the move?
- How accurate will the cost estimate for my move be?
- Are there any “unexpected” moving costs I should be aware of?
- Should I tip my movers?
- What exactly is “Double Drive Time”?