Determining the cost of your local move will rely on a few variables, but we do our best to keep it simple. Maintaining an open line of communication with your moving consultant will help to ensure that you receive the most accurate quote and that your movers are properly prepared. Here are some important things to keep in mind before chatting with your consultant.
- The size of your home – Whether you are moving a studio apartment or a 5-bedroom home we want to make sure that your move is a simple and efficient one. Knowing the size of your home and the number of rooms will help us to determine how many movers you will need as well as how much time it should take to complete he move.
- Travel Distance – Providing us with an accurate distance from your current address to your new home will help us to give you the most accurate quote.
- Potential Obstacles – Informing your consultant about all potential obstacles that may slow down the move, such as stairs, small entry ways, on-site construction etc. will allow us to make sure your movers arrive prepared for your unique circumstances.
- Packing – We are a full service moving company and are happy to help you with packing up your home. Let us know whether you will need full or partial packing assistance or if you plan to have everything packed in advance. This will help us give you a more accurate moving quote.
- Specialty Items – Certain items require a little more manpower than others and it is vital that we know about these items in advance. Oversized items such as pianos, large refrigerators, heavy furniture and appliances etc. may require additional equipment and maneuvering. Informing us prior to your moving day will allow us to offer you’re the most accurate quote and ensure your movers are properly prepared.
Here are a few additional things to keep in mind when planning your move
- Timing – The timing of your move can effect cost and availability when hiring a moving company. Everything from the weather to the season to the day of the week can play a part in the efficiency of your moving experience. You Rainbow Movers consultant will be able to guide you in this decision so you can pick the perfect timing for your specific needs. The sooner you reach out the easier it will be to guarantee all of your requests are met.
- Parking Permits – If you live in a congested part of town where parking may be less than ideal, you may want to look into securing a parking permit for your moving day. This will allow you to reserve a portion of the street for your truck, which can help to save time, money and stress on your move.
- Child and Pet Care – The process of moving can be stressful on pets and young children. Having friends or family take care of them, or even hiring a professional, will allow you to focus on the move rather than stressing over the safety of your little ones.