Home closures are a complicated process and can be extremely unpredictable. You can save yourself the stress and schedule your move date for several days after your closing date. Consider booking your move 5-7 days after the estimated time your new home should be available.
Articles in this section
- I’ve got a few prized possessions that I want treated with extra-special care. How can I guarantee this?
- What should I do with hazardous items?
- What should I do with my household plants and garden shrubs?
- What do I need to do to prepare my appliances for the move?
- I’ve got a lot of paperwork in my home office. Do I need to empty out my filing cabinets?
- Should I pack my breakables?
- What can I do to ensure that my belongings end up in the correct room?
- I want to do some packing and moving of small items before the movers arrive. What areas would be most helpful?
- Our new home is still undergoing construction. Can we still move in?
- I think my home will close by the first of the month and would like to move as soon as possible thereafter. Can I move that same day?