It is important to note that Insurance providers to the moving industry will only cover boxes packed by the moving company, not the customer. In a worst-case scenario in which your valuables break on a move, they will be covered as long as you have purchased valuation and that the movers have packed the items in question. If you are packing your items in advance you will want to make absolute certain that they are secured and packed safely so that you won’t encounter any breakage.
Articles in this section
- I’ve got a few prized possessions that I want treated with extra-special care. How can I guarantee this?
- What should I do with hazardous items?
- What should I do with my household plants and garden shrubs?
- What do I need to do to prepare my appliances for the move?
- I’ve got a lot of paperwork in my home office. Do I need to empty out my filing cabinets?
- Should I pack my breakables?
- What can I do to ensure that my belongings end up in the correct room?
- I want to do some packing and moving of small items before the movers arrive. What areas would be most helpful?
- Our new home is still undergoing construction. Can we still move in?
- I think my home will close by the first of the month and would like to move as soon as possible thereafter. Can I move that same day?