Your moving crew will take care to wrap these items in moving blankets so they will be protected on the truck. However, you should make certain that your dishwasher, microwave, and washing machine are empty. Additionally, movers are not electricians or plumbers – you will need to arrange for the appropriate professional to disconnect your washer, chandeliers, and refrigerator from any electric and/or water connection. Most importantly, movers are not licensed to disconnect gas.
Articles in this section
- I’ve got a few prized possessions that I want treated with extra-special care. How can I guarantee this?
- What should I do with hazardous items?
- What should I do with my household plants and garden shrubs?
- What do I need to do to prepare my appliances for the move?
- I’ve got a lot of paperwork in my home office. Do I need to empty out my filing cabinets?
- Should I pack my breakables?
- What can I do to ensure that my belongings end up in the correct room?
- I want to do some packing and moving of small items before the movers arrive. What areas would be most helpful?
- Our new home is still undergoing construction. Can we still move in?
- I think my home will close by the first of the month and would like to move as soon as possible thereafter. Can I move that same day?